Current available jobs in Food and Beverage:
» Executive Chef - Long Island Ducks Baseball / Centerplate (Central Islip, NY)
Centerplate is the hospitality, food and beverage services provider for the Long Island Ducks and we are seeking an Executive Chef.
Bethpage Ballpark, located in Central Islip, is a 6,002 seat state-of-the-art facility that is home to the Long Island Ducks. The ballpark opened on April 28, 2000 with great fanfare to a past capacity crowd. It has welcomed over 6 million fans and hosted more than 600 sellouts since. Among its many features are 20 luxury suites, spacious seating, a 126-seat bar/restaurant and an indoor batting tunnel.
Centerplate is one of North America's largest providers of quality food and beverage, catering, merchandise and facility management services for many of America's best-known sports, convention and entertainment venues. As our singular goal is to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice, all of our managers, chefs and employees are "Hospitality Ambassadors."
An Executive Chef III (3) is charged with maximizing the productivity of the culinary staff, as well as managing the sous chefs who are directly below them in the culinary chain of command. The Executive Chef III will train and manage culinary personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef III may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Lead the Culinary Management Team to manage all aspects of Food Preparation, Product Handling, Equipment Utilization and Food Safety.
- Analyze Business Volume and Product Usage Daily.
- Participate in the Development and Implementation of Business Strategies.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 10 years in a culinary leadership position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years leading a culinary operation with at least 5 revenue centers.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a culinary operation with annual revenues in excess of $10mm.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- AOS or higher Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program or equivalent professional certification.
- BA/BS Business or Hospitality Degree from an accredited college or university.
- ACF Certified Executive Chef or ACF Certified Culinary Administrator
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.); must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Centerplate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ