» Future Notification Only - Atlantic League and its Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
The Long Island Ducks are curently accepting applications for a group ticket sales position in their full time 2017 internship program. This entry level internship position would start in October and last through September, or the end of the 2017 baseball season.
The Ducks are looking for a college graduate to handle multiple responsibilities. The successful candidate will learn all aspects of running a professional franchise, such as: sales, marketing, operations, ticketing, customer service, and more. We are looking for “Work-A-Holics” that aren't afraid to work long hours and get their hands dirty.
The group sales intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- customer service and ticket sales through the box office windows and phone line
- cold calling companies and introducing them to the season ticket, group ticket, and partial plan packages
available with the Ducks
- face-to-face interaction with customers during games at our ticket kiosk
- Sales, Sales, Sales, Sales
- Running all aspects of our birthday parties (sales, coordination, record keeping, execution, customer
- Mascot appearances, street team promotional events, etc.
- Helping other departments where needed
- Long hours and weekends are the norm
This is a full-time commitment. All applicants must be college graduates and need to include a detailed cover letter with their application. Workdays during the season can average around 13-14 hours per day. This is an unpaid internship, however, we offer an $800 monthly stipend to help alleviate costs involved with the internship (commute, etc). Cover letter should explain why you feel you'd be an asset to the ticket sales department, why you want to work for the Ducks, experience, etc.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you currently a college graduate and able to commit to a full time internship? 2. Do you have living arrangements on Long Island? Where? Do you have your own car? 3. Do you have strong ticket sales experience/skills? 4. If you answered yes to question 3, please explain in 2-3 sentences. If no, please type N/A.
1. Are you currently a college graduate and able to commit to a full time internship?
2. Do you have living arrangements on Long Island? Where? Do you have your own car?
3. Do you have strong ticket sales experience/skills?
4. If you answered yes to question 3, please explain in 2-3 sentences. If no, please type N/A.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Atlantic League and its teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ