» Community Relations Intern - Sugar Land Skeeters Baseball (Sugar Land, TX)
» Special Events Intern - Sugar Land Skeeters Baseball (Sugar Land, TX)
» Special Events- Holiday Lights Intern - Sugar Land Skeeters Baseball (Sugar Land, TX)
» Future Notification Only - Atlantic League and its Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Position Overview: This position is responsible for overseeing the personnel and operational activities of the Box Office during events for Skeeters games and other special events held at Constellation Field.
- Supervise Box Office staff with responsibility for scheduling, evaluating performances and ensuring appropriate customer service actions of all staff.
- Assist with group sales reports and Box Office statements, settlement sheets, and daily ticket sales reports.
- Assist Director in working with promoters to plan for seating and ticketing and to program upcoming shows with TicketReturn.
- Assist with the reconcilement and deposit of daily sales receipts.
- Attend staff and sales meetings.
- Train new employees in box office policy and procedures, and the use of ticketing equipment.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures that are consistent with Constellation Field policy and procedures.
- Instruct and advise staff on changes in policies and procedures, or working standards.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the box office including answering phones and assisting walk-in customers.
- Assist Director with reports, promoter requests and managing events on TicketReturn.
- Supervise during events and manage customer service issues, including working with Guest Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (preferred)
- Must be able to work Evening and Weekend events
Position: Fall, August- December 2017 (1 spot avaliable)
Community Relations Intern: The Sugar Land Skeeters are looking for a Community Relations intern to help spread the Skeeter name throughout the community, as well as give back to the community in which it resides. This intern must be social and able to speak in front of groups, help with donations, and be willing to work events in the community.
- Fulfill Donation Requests
- Assist with Appearances
- Help work Community Events
- Mascot Handler during the games
- Community Programming such as Deacon’s Dugout, Kids Club
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Strong social skills
- Be organized
- Self- motivated
- Be able to work long hours, nights, and weekends
- Be timely
Position: May - August 2017 ( 2 spots avaliable)
Position: Auguest-December 2017 (1 spot avaliable)
Special Events Intern: The Sugar Land Skeeters are looking for a special events intern. The special events team hosts event such as, but not limited to, college baseball games, concerts, festivals, and tournaments. This intern will be required to work nights as well as many weekends, as most events are held during these times. Applicants must be able to work during the special events busy season (September through December), both in the office during the day and at the events as they may come.
- Plan and budget for events
- Work with clients from start to finish
- Oversee the permitting process for each event
- Work with Legends Hospitality for food and beverage fulfillments
- Make sales calls and inquire about potential events
- Strong work ethic
- Be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays (long hours are required)
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must have appropriate transportation and be able to do voucher drop offs, hand out flyers, etc.
For Credit – Sugar Land Holiday Lights Event Internship
Timeframe: August – December (2 available)
Internship Overview: The Sugar Land Skeeters are looking for a college credit special event intern to help with their 4th annual Sugar Land Holiday Lights. During this internship, you will have the opportunity to help coordinate transforming our ballpark into a sparkling holiday wonderland that features more than 2.5 million lights and numerous themed displays. The event includes nightly visits from Santa, a variety of vendors for holiday shopping, great food, and other activities for the whole family.
- Plan different themed nights to help drive ticket sales (i.e. Lights and Leashes – bring your dog out for pictures with Santa)
- Oversee permitting process for the event
- Make sales call for potential vendors
- Coordinate with groups for performances and fundraising
- Assist with the planning and decorating of the ballpark
- Work directly with marketing company on all digital and social media campaigns
- Willing to make calls to reach out to current and new customers
- Microsoft Office (preferred)
- Organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task
- Strong work ethic
- Be available to work nights and weekends
- Must be willing to work with others
- Must have appropriate transportation and be able to drive to meetings or other events
- Must be able to lift at least 10 pounds
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Atlantic League and its teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ